Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Redneck nightlight...

The boys are now sleeping in the same room (Case's room) for the winter and Hayden's room is the play room...we do this every winter...it gets really cold upstairs...so we have to do some rearranging...the boys are pretty good about adjusting to this and they like the change and think it's exciting...
So, Hayden usually sleeps with a night light, but Case never has...the only plug-in in Case's room is right beside his bed and I knew he'd be "doinking" (that's my favorite word for those of you who didn't know that) with the light when I left them to go to bed, so I unplugged it and took it with me...well, it was only a matter of minutes before they were both downstairs claiming to be scared of the dark...whatever...we demanded them to go back upstairs and just deal with it...after all Jim and I were right in the middle of watching our favorite show "House"!!!! Shortly after sentencing them back to bed, I heard someone in the kitchen...didn't think much about about....Well, I went to go tuck them in for the fiftieth time, and this is what I found...they had got a flashlight...set it up on its tripod stand and positioned the light just right and taa daa...it's a night light.....they were both asleep when I found their imaginative idea...and Jim and I could only imagine the conversation that had went on while coming up with this and setting it up just right....I had to laugh and be proud...pretty smart boys!!!! (P.S. Thanks to my wonderful husband, Jim...it was his idea to get a picture of this for the blog....I love that he thinks about me and my blog.... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh God! How funny.... that's my smart lil grandsons for ya. Very ingenious!!!!
Granny

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!