Friday, October 31, 2008

Apple pie anyone???

I have been requested to make someone a homemade apple pie for probably the last 2 years...

It all started back when Jim's dad, I call him Big Daddy, was sick and we'd go back to Winfield to visit on the weekends and sometimes I would take meals back to him and Carol. Well, being an avid Food Network follower, one of my favorite shows, Barefoot Contesa was showing how to make a pie shell from scratch with an apple filling...so what I heck, I tried it...for the first time...and to my surprise it turned out beautiful and really yummy!!!

Well, that was actually the last time I attempted to make this pie...until yesterday evening...

We have several apple trees here on our farm, just kidding...we don't live on a farm, but we do have some acreage...anyway, we do have apple trees...we picked a bag full a few nights ago before the hard freeze so I could make this "someone" their pie they had been begging or should I say asking for for the last couple years.... It turned out okay...it was pretty tasty, but not as pretty as the first pie...it was a nice touch getting to use our own apples...
If you're wondering who the pie was for, here are a few clues...he's cute, he's quiet, he's sneaky, he's funny and I love him more than he could ever imagine...do you know who it is...my Jim...I actually enjoyed making the pie for you knowing how much you'd appreciate it...even though the crust is a pain in the #$@ to make.... :)

P.S. As you can see, we like to jazz it up a bit with some whip cream on top!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That pie is heaping with apples, it looks wonderful! I love Barefoot Contessa too! She makes everything look so easy...

Jessica B said...

I go to an apple pie party every year in November. Everyone brings one ingredient for the whole group and then we go around the stations making the pie crust and filling. At the end of the night you go home with a homemade apple pie ready to bake. Jenni loves when I go to the apple pie party :) It is this Friday and I will be sure to post pictures. I will also post the recipe as the crust is really easy to make and very tasty.