Monday, July 21, 2008

Coffee with the girls...

Hello. Last night I had a special treat...I got to go have coffee with some of the girls from MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). We went to Downtown Java in Parsons. It was so much fun!! Let me tell you a little about what MOPS is. It's for all moms that have children from pregnancy thru kindergarten. We get together 2 Fridays a month. Each meeting ranges from crafts, guest speakers, book disc, etc...I have been on the Steering Team, which is the team who plans and keeps the meetings and etc going all year...I am the creative activities leader. This is my 3rd year to be a leader and absolutely love it!! It has been a lifesaver for me and the boys...while the moms are having their meeting, the kids are in their "classrooms" doing their own activities...for about 2- 2 1/2 hours...it's a well-needed break!! This group has led me to some of my best friends and I am very thankful for all the friendships I've made and will make!!
Anyway, let me get back on subject...we met at the coffee place to get together one last time before one of our friends moves away...Cathy we will miss you so much....you're a wonderful friend and mother...I wish you and your family nothing but good things to come in the future!!

So I got a frozen coffee drink...which was a little piece of heaven to me...and needless to say I was up pretty much the entire night wide awake...usually caffeine doesn't do anything to me, but I guess this drink had "extra fuel" in it, oh well it was still really good and andI have already been thinking about when I could get another one today?!?!

The boys stayed here and went fishing with daddy while I was gone...it was so cute to see them all standing out by the pond when I drove up...Hayden and Case are getting so big, it makes me sad that my baby's aren't baby's anymore. :(

We have a big picnic Tuesday mid-morning at the park for MOPS...I will let you know how the "raccoons" behave there!?!?!?!?! :)

P.S. Jenni countdown...10 days... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do you call my little angels raccoons? sounds like you got a little shot of espresso in your drink...that is what I live on. Be careful, you WILL get addicted. When I came back from mexico, my local starbucks asked me if I wanted a lime in my venti extra foam skinny vanilla latte!!!
mops sounds like fun -- ! See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

if your boys are so big...guess it is time to have another baby : )