Tuesday, August 18, 2009

my baby went to preschool today...


It was a bittersweet day today...Case started preschool and he's so ready for it, but on the other hand, my baby is not a baby anymore...
I know if you're a mother and you've sent one of your children in to his/her classroom for the first time, you know the heart break I'm feeling right now.
I was tickled there were no tears...from him anyway...this morning as he stood just inside the door of Mrs. Kutz's room...


6:30am this morning...tired, still sleeping in momma and daddy's room...it was thundering and lightening during the night...
Big brother giving him a "pep" talk before the big day started...

FYI: notice the "boat" shoes Case is wearing?! Aunt GG got these for the boys at Easter...I totally forgot about Case needing tennis shoes for school...after all, we all wear flip flops ALL summer...well, after trying on three other pair of shoes, these were the biggest smallest pair that he could maybe tough out the day in until we could find some at the shoe store...I should have tried to get a video of him walking in the boat shoes...poor guy...way to go momma...

"Hurry up guys"...

Oh, he looks so little next to the door way...
my baby, my baby...



Don't pay any attention to the watery, red momma eyes...

Daddy and our baby...

This is the look he gave Jim and I as we were leaving...we both agreed that this scared, "don't know what to do" look broke our hearts...but still, no tears from Case...



Let's go home...

He said he had a really good day, made new friends, and couldn't play outside today...wood chips were wet from the rain...overall...it was a fantastic day for Case's first day of school...

traci~momma

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.... this just isn't right. Now I have red granny eyes! Thanks. He just isn't big enough to go.... Hayden seemed bigger when he went. My how time flys.

Kim said...

I know how your feeling, I have a few more weeks and then my oldest will be going to the intermediate school. 5th grade. Remember how scared we were to go to school in town? I will be a mess. Time sure does fly...

Anonymous said...

yah for Case!

Erin said...

Pre-school? Already??? Wow, Kira will start on the 31st. She's already told me that she wants to live with me forever, so the 31st may be a rough day for us. I'm glad he survived...and so did YOU!!

laura mcpherson said...

Can't say I know how you're feeling, but I can only imagine!! Sending your baby to preschool would be an emotional day. Looks like he'll really enjoy it though :) Hang in there Mommy!